sunnuntai 28. lokakuuta 2012

Pumpkin pie, cut fingers and other Halloween stuff

Food culture is constantly changing. You can't put food culture into "museum", it sucks influences all the time from different countries and cultures. For example Halloween has been celebrated in Finland about 15 years (?) and now it shows also on the dining table.


I have arranged a few years now Halloween parties for my kids and their friends. This year I got a pumpkin from one of my marvelous colleagues. Our menu is traditional: pumpkin pie, skull cake and cut fingers (finger recipe here in Finnish only -sorry).
For the first time I used also the pumpkin seeds, a nice recipe is here: roasted pumpkin seeds

But I burned the seeds, not so nice.






And the pie, recipie is from a TV show "Neljän tähden illallinen", where a Finnish musician Sipe Santapukki made this. Sipe said that this is the world's best pumpkin pie, I agree. It is the best pumpkin pie I have ever done, because it is also the first :)

Children loved it, but I suppose the real reason was a huge mountain of ice cream beside. Pie reminds me of Christmas, there are so many Christmas time spices like cinnamon, ginger, and clove. The recipe is worth of trying.

Horrible Halloween dudes!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti